Thursday, January 31, 2013

5 Favorite Film Scenes


My favorite scene in Inception is the final dream sequence where Leonardo DiCaprio is falling through the dreams. The graphics in this scene especially are just astonishing. Being able to take something that would actually be thought of as a dream and actually be able to put that onto a screen is mind blowing. What really makes this scene for me is the soundtrack. Every time I hear it, I get chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqSg7WO4tT4
War movies are some of my favorite because for the most part they are capturing real life events and reacting exactly how it would have been at that time. One of the first scenes of Saving Private Ryan where the soldiers arrive on Omaha beach is the most powerful and saddening to me. Watching the struggle of the men fighting to get to the top of the beach while dodging thousands of bullets really puts you on the edge of your seat.

I love horror movies as well as comedy and this was one of the first well done zombie comedy movies that I saw. My favorite part of the movie wasn't really part of the movie in a way but it was the opening scene with all the zombies and how they were basically 3D. But I like the part where they accidentally kill Bill Murray thinking that he was a zombie.
This is my all time favorite animation movie. Toy Story 1. This movie in its entirety is sound but the scene that just keeps me laughing is the scene where Sid's sister takes Buzz and dresses him up for a tea party and he just mentally loses it and Woody has to snap him out of it. I cannot believe how amazing this film looks for it being the first fully computer generated film.
 
This has got to be by far my favorite James Bond movie. I am a big James Bond fan even though there were some of the bond films weren't quite that good but this one...WOW. The best part of the movie to me is by far the opening credits with the Skyfall theme song by Adele. The graphics in it are crazy good and so smooth and the way that every image you see relates to a scene in the movie really makes the film come full circle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment